Are you interested in being Gradient MSP's first UX Designer, creating the UX function in our rapidly growing SaaS startup? Do you thrive on working on a diverse set of challenges and have a keen interest in designing a new product from near the beginning? You bring a scrappy, resourceful ability to work in a fast-paced startup, and you get things done in a constantly changing environment with light and evolving processes and structure.
Reporting to Gradient's Chief Product Officer, you lead all aspects of the design process and will work closely with engineers as they implement designs, be responsible for designing user workflows and visualizing data. Your success will come from utilizing user research, user testing, journey mapping, designing flows and interfaces, and creating prototypes.
As the UX Designer, you will help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers. You'll be working on a diverse set of UX challenges, helping to develop creative and strong user-centered solutions.
- A cause that we're passionate about driving and sharing
- A top-notch application with tons of potential
- A team of aces to work and collaborate with
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- A scrappy start-up attitude and plans for world domination
- Developing and maintaining a solid understanding of your portfolio's product, business objectives, customers, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Building a close and collaborative relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables.
- Independently develop and deliver high-level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mock-ups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Work with users to understand requirements and use cases and design stunning custom workflows, interfaces, visualizations, dashboards, and data experiences
- Work closely with developers and analysts to build your designs into smooth digital experiences for our users.
- Intermediate-level experience as a strong UX designer (5 years minimum), tackling design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects that demonstrate creative, user-centered design solutions to moderately complex problems
- The ability to independently conduct or participate in a wide range of appropriate UX design activities such as: user research, brainstorming, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing
- The ability to identify opportunities, scope problems, find solutions, implement, and launch. Consistently relied upon to tackle problems that impact your product
- Proficiency of industry-standard UX and UI design platforms. We currently use Figma as our primary design tool
- Experience designing for Consumer or B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes
- Experience in a Product Led Growth environment, including designing low-friction onboarding and getting-started experiences
- Experience working with researchers, product managers, developers, and other designers who are aligned to execute on problems
- The ability to develop a proficient understanding of the business, vision, strategy, and technical requirements and incorporate them into elegant design solutions
- Experience advocating for research-backed design solutions. Ability to apply user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices at the team/project level. Recognizes when solutions are not ideal and communicate to cross-functional partners
- A love of flamingos
- Able to adapt to an ever-changing landscape (we are a startup, after all)
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community
- Curious: You are constantly learning and seeking ways to make things better
- Conscientious: You keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and have strong integrity
- Humble: You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others
- An exceptional communicator: Clearly conveys written and verbal thoughts, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Decisive and proactive: Consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and opportunities promptly
- Focused on success through collaboration and teamwork
How can I apply?
Either smash that fuchsia button below, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org